Eligibility and Requirements
The Shisha No Thanks project is providing funding to community/non-government organisations to conduct community engagement activities or events that focus on increasing community awareness of the health harms of shisha smoking.
Eligibility criteria for the grants:
- Grant applicant must be 18 years or older
- The activity or event must include a component of raising awareness of the harms of shisha smoking
- Smoking of any form (including shisha, cigarettes and vaping) is prohibited at the activity/event. Promotion of any form (advertising, sponsorship, etc) of any form of smoking is also prohibited.
Requirements of activities and events:
- We recommend that seventy-five per cent (75%) or more of the food and drink offered should be healthy.
- Some suggestions to help you achieve this:
- Swap sugary drinks (such as soft drinks) for healthier alternatives (such as water, tea, coffee, fruit juice that is 99% fruit)
- Swap high fat, high sugar, high salt foods (such as fried foods, pastries) for healthier alternatives foods (such as wraps, salads, vegetable-based dishes, fruit)
- Offer smaller portion sizes
Successful grant recipients must conduct the community engagement activities between March and July 2022.
Where practical, the Shisha No Thanks project requests that a photo of the activity/event is captured which can be shared on the project’s communication channels, and that an evaluation form is completed by participants of the activity/event. Successful grant recipients must submit a brief Activity Evaluation Report (2 pages) after the activity/event using the template provided by the Shisha No Thanks project team by 11/08/2023. Successful grant recipients will need to be able to invoice UNSW in order to receive payment via EFT.