Welcome to the
“Shisha No Thanks”
ONLINE TRAINING MODULE
As a community worker, you may have had conversations with clients from Arabic speaking or other culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds about “shisha” smoking. These conversations can be challenging without having information about the harms of shisha smoking or about services available to help people with their smoking cessation journey.
It may also sometimes feel like shisha smoking is part of your client’s culture and not your business to talk about.
However, supporting people to stay healthy is the business of all community workers.
By completing this interactive online program, you will learn more about:
- The harms of shisha smoking
- How to have conversations with clients or community members about the negative health impacts of shisha smoking
- Where to refer clients for further support to quit shisha smoking
This module will take you through three sections:
- Know the Facts, where you can find information about the harms of shisha smoking
- Interactive stories, where you can explore conversations with community members about shisha smoking
- Where to refer clients for information and support to quit smoking shisha, where you can find information and links to services and supports
It is recommended that you complete the activities in the order presented to complete the module. If you revisit the module once you have completed it, you can select the “I have used this module before” button below, and jump straight to any part of the module.
This online training module will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete. At the end you will be able to print a certificate as a record of successfully completing all sections of the learning program.